Dating escorts in memphis
11, 1972, during a football game against the University of Cincinnati.
Early references to the football team tabbed them only as the Blue and Gray Warriors of West Tennessee Normal School.
The first Tiger, TOM, was procured by the Highland Hundred football boosters in 1972 and served the U of M faithfully for nearly 20 years until passing away in February of 1992.
The Highland Hundred officially presented TOM to the University in a ceremony at Liberty Bowl Memorial Stadium on Nov.
The University of Memphis was founded under the auspices of the General Education Bill, enacted by the Tennessee Legislature in 1909. In 1925, the name of the college changed to West Tennessee State Teacher’s College.
On September 10, 1912 West Tennessee State Normal School, the university’s original name, opened its doors with Dr. In 1941 the college changed names again to Memphis State College, and in 1957 the state legislature designated Memphis State full university status.